If you are constantly having pain in your feet while standing or walking, then you might need to have your feet checked right away by a podiatrist.
Foot Issues Due to Diabetes
Diabetes is a common cause of foot issues in people. Known as foot ulcers, these ulcers can be found at the sole. These are open sores or lacerations that can cause a lot of discomforts. If not treated in the earlier stages can also lead to amputation.
If you are diabetic and suffering from foot ulcers, then you can search for ulcer care Irvine Orange County podiatric such as Dr. Sima Soltani Podiatry Office. Their teams of specialists take utmost care in first diagnosing the cause of your ulcer and based on a thorough examination roll out the treatment plan.
Foot ulcers due to diabetics can be caused due to poor blood circulation, high glucose levels, or foot deformities. If you experience symptoms such as redness, swelling, or foul odor, you might want to book an appointment with your podiatrist right away.
Depending on the severity of your ulcer, they will either bandage the wound after cleaning the dead tissues and skin. They might even prescribe antibiotics and monitor your blood glucose levels.
Understanding your Foot and Addressing Foot Problems
Your feet consist of bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Your feet can easily be prone to ulcers, sores, or wounds due to small injuries or trauma. If the wound does not heal on its own, you can take the help of wound healing Irvine Orange County podiatric clinics that can help prescribe the necessary medications.
Your foot comprises 28 bones. When two bones meet, this is called a joint which is supported by ligaments. The muscles in your feet help in mobility and are attached to your bones through tendons.
Your foot is divided into three regions:
- Hindfoot – begins at the ankle joint and ends at the transverse tarsal joint
- Midfoot – begins at the transverse tarsal joint and ends at the tarsometatarsal joint
- Forefoot – consists of 21 bones – 5 metatarsals, 2 sesamoids, and 14 phalanges
Some of the common foot problems that you can encounter and can be treated by wounds Irvine Orange County podiatrist include:
- Morton’s Neuroma – is a condition that affects the balls of your feet causing pain between the third and fourth toe
- Mallet Toe – This is a toe deformity wherein your toe does not hold straight and appears bent
- Claw toe – This is a toe deformity wherein your toes curl inward or bend downward
- Bunions – These are bony bumps formed at the side or base of your big toe
- Plantar Fasciitis – This is an inflammation caused at the bottom or on the arch of your foot
- Metatarsalgia – This is a condition that causes inflammation at the balls of your feet
- Heel Spurs – These occur due to the buildup of calcium deposits on the underside of your heels
- Pes Planus – This is a deformity in the foot wherein your entire sole touches the surface
Bear in mind not to ignore foot pain no matter how minor it is. Opting for the right wound care Irvine Orange County podiatrists can avoid complications and ensure faster healing of wounds and ulcers.